[ESS] Where does ESS saves ESSR environment information

Iago Giné Vázquez |@go@g|ne @end|ng |rom @jd@e@
Wed Mar 20 12:06:46 CET 2024

Hi all,

I have included a line such as the following in my .emacs file:
(add-hook 'ess-r-post-run-hook (lambda () (ess-load-file "~/startR.r")))

I have restarted Emacs, tried to start R and get an error due to that R did not find the file.  I realized that I put ~ thinking in home path for Emacs, not home path for R, so I updated the path address to the correct one in my .emacs file:
(add-hook 'ess-r-post-run-hook (lambda () (ess-load-file "C:/Users/.../startR.r")))

Again, restarted Emacs, tried starting R..., but I got the same error, which through a traceback I get

 base::as.environment("ESSR")$.ess.source("~/startR.r", visibly = FALSE,
       output = TRUE)

So, at some point the address "~/startR.r" was saved, but I cannot find it. How may I remove it and update the ESS configuration?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Iago

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]