[Rd] .Random.seed resetting (PR#656)
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 13:13:29 +0200 (MET DST)
Full_Name: Lara Jamieson
Submission from: (NULL) (22.214.171.124)
I've checked for other reports on this and can't find anything. It seems that
the .Random.seed isn't updated properly after using rm(.Random.seed). Mu
understanding from the help file indicates that a new 'random' seed will be
It appears that sometimes the old one is just reinstated.
I removed my .RData file and the problem remains. It seems to happen when calls
made in succession to the same 'random generation type' function; but appears to
work when different calls are made in succession.
An example is given below. I was using the sample command when I found the
but it happens with runif as well...
remove: variable ".Random.seed" was not found
r-devel mailing list -- Read http://www.ci.tuwien.ac.at/~hornik/R/R-FAQ.html
Send "info", "help", or "[un]subscribe"
(in the "body", not the subject !) To: firstname.lastname@example.org