[Rd] surprising behavior of match.arg() (PR#872)

Setzer.Woodrow@epamail.epa.gov Setzer.Woodrow@epamail.epa.gov
Thu, 08 Mar 2001 14:30:33 -0500

So, in my toy example, when I add the line Fun <- Fun after the first
invocation of Fun(), Fun finds the default args when invoked a second time.
That gives me an easy work around for the real problem where I encountered
this.  Thanks.

R. Woodrow Setzer, Jr.                                            Phone:
(919) 541-0128
Experimental Toxicology Division                       Fax:  (919) 541-5394
Pharmacokinetics Branch
NHEERL MD-74; US EPA; RTP, NC 27711

                    Peter Dalgaard
                    BSA                     To:     Woodrow Setzer/RTP/USEPA/US@EPA
                    tat.ku.dk>              Subject:     Re: [Rd] surprising behavior of match.arg() (PR#872)
                    Sent by:
                    pd@pubhealth.ku.
                    dk

                    03/08/01 01:43
                    PM

Setzer.Woodrow@epamail.epa.gov writes:

> If a function needs to be passed as an argument to another function,
> default arguments to the function being passed are lost.  Consider this
> example:

Interesting...

Apparently, sys.function() is still a promise after the  function has
been called (and the promise obviously forced).
Minimal example of same effect:

> f<-function()sys.function()
> f()
function()sys.function()