[Rd] win/pentium 4 (was: can this happen?)

Thomas Lumley tlumley@u.washington.edu
Mon Dec 9 22:40:04 2002

I reported an inconsistency in results in the same R program run on
different Windows computers and received some suggestions

It isn't due to the version of msvcrt.dll (Peter Dalgaard & Brian Ripley)
and isn't fixed by Duncan Murdoch's patches to windows R.

More experimentation has shown that the set of results I like less
(involving internal error reports from optim()) happens on 3 out of 3
Pentium 4 machines, and not on 2 Pentium 3s (or on a dual Athlon under
Linux).

	-thomas

Thomas Lumley			Asst. Professor, Biostatistics
tlumley@u.washington.edu	University of Washington, Seattle