[Rd] Flat documentation?

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch@pair.com
Wed Dec 11 01:28:02 2002

Putting together documentation in Rd format is a bit of a pain.  In
fact, one of my colleagues has chosen to use S-PLUS instead of R
partly because it's easier to document the stuff he's written.  (In
S-PLUS plain text files can be used to document your code.  At least
they could in fairly recent versions; I don't have the current one
installed.)

I think it's reasonable to require Rd format documents for stuff on
CRAN, but it should be easier to document things that are for personal
use or limited distribution.

Are there existing schemes that help in this?  If not, would it be
worth putting one together?

Duncan Murdoch