[Rd] lattice/points and pch="c" inconsistencies

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan@stat.wisc.edu
Thu Dec 12 18:16:03 2002

This is not due to grid, it's caused by code in lattice (in lplot.xy) that was
a workaround for an old bug in grid. That bug has been fixed, but I forgot to
change the lattice code. I'll fix this by the next release (there should be a
patch release next week).

The actual grid behaviour can be seen by

xyplot(y~x,
   panel = function(x, y, ...){
      grid.points(x, y, pch = '.', default.units = "native")
      panel.abline(h = c(0, 1))
   })

Deepayan