[Rd] ace and avas in acepack (PR#2386)

fharrell@virginia.edu fharrell@virginia.edu
Fri Dec 20 18:59:02 2002

Under

platform i686-pc-linux-gnu
arch     i686
os       linux-gnu
system   i686, linux-gnu
status
major    1
minor    6.1
year     2002
month    11
day      01
language R

and using acepack 1.3-2, ace() and avas() have checks such as
            if(circ[i] < 0 || circ[i] > nrow(x)) {
            if(mon[i] < 0 || mon[i] > nrow(x)) {
            if(lin[i] < 0 || lin[i] > nrow(x)) {

etc.  I believe that nrow should be ncol.

Also, in ace() there is the follwing check:

            if (cat[i] == 0) {
                cat("response spec can only be lin or ordered (default)")
                return()
            }
whereas I believe that the ace algorithm does allow for categorical response variables.
--
Frank E Harrell Jr              Prof. of Biostatistics & Statistics
Div. of Biostatistics & Epidem. Dept. of Health Evaluation Sciences