[Rd] Small change to plot.xy

Prof Brian D Ripley ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:20:58 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

The problem is that col= is interpreted in C code for many different R
functions, not kust those going through plot.xy.  The only consistent way I
see to handle this is to change the common C code to handle more cases, if
people really think it is worth complicating R for.

I was going to point out that your previous solution was less general than
what was there at present.