[Rd] bug in install-info.pl ?

mikalzet at libero.it mikalzet at libero.it
Sat Apr 5 23:26:47 MEST 2003

I have run across a minor problem which would seem to be a bug in the
install-info.pl script. My data regard R 1.6.2 but I don't suppose the
script has been changed so perhaps this could be fixed for R 1.7.0.

Someone mailed me saying they could not recompile my R 1.6.2 src.rpm for
mandrake 9.1. This was the error message:

Checking for unpackaged file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files /var/tmp/R-root
error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /usr/share/info/dir.old.bz2

RPM build errors:
    Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
   /usr/share/info/dir.old.bz2

I therefore obtained a version of 9.1 and reproduced the problem.

Build functions correctly; the packaging process fails. RPM 4.0.4 provided
my mandrake 9.1 contains a script called check-files which aborts
packaging on discovering, in the directory tree containing the files to be
packaged, a file which will not be included in the final rpm.

The file in this case is:

../R-root/usr/share/info/dir.old.bz2

Deleting this file after the build process and before the check-files
script enters into play allows the packaging process to terminate
correctly.

This could be an error in the spec file, I suppose, but my impression is
that this file is created (but not deleted, as it should be) by the
install-info.pl script. On earlier versions of mandrake the problem does
not come up because no check-files script exists, and so presence of
unused files is not noticed.

Could a perl guru take a look at the script and tell me if my diagnosis is
correct ?

Thank you

--
Michele Alzetta