[Rd] changing dir. to network drive crash Rgui on NT4 ( PR#282 8)

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Wed Apr 23 14:02:53 MEST 2003

This is interesting: The crash does not happen if I run
Rgui in MDI mode.  The crash seemed to only occur in SDI.

Andy

For the record:

Under Rgui, using the menu "File / Channge dir..." to change
to a network drive crashes rgui.  The crash happens if I
browse to a folder on a mapped drive.  I.e., if I type in
"q:\Andy" in the text box, it works, but if I try to browse
to Q:\Andy and then click on OK, that's when it crashes.

If I do setwd("q:/Andy"), that works fine.  If I use the menu,
set dir to a local drive first, then use the menu again to set
dir to the network drive, that works, too.

Adding the --vanilla flag doesn't help.

--please do not edit the information below--

Version:
 platform = i386-pc-mingw32
 arch = i386
 os = mingw32
 system = i386, mingw32
 status =
 major = 1
 minor = 7.0
 year = 2003
 month = 04
 day = 16
 language = R

Windows NT 4.0 (build 1381) Service Pack 6

Andy I. Liaw, PhD
Biometrics Research          Phone: (732) 594-0820
Merck & Co., Inc.              Fax: (732) 594-1565
P.O. Box 2000, RY84-16            Rahway, NJ 07065
mailto:andy_liaw at merck.com