[Rd] changing dir. to network drive crash Rgui on NT4 ( PR#2828)

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Thu Apr 24 09:45:19 MEST 2003

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:57:09 -0500, you wrote:

>After seeing your note above and Uwe's follow up, I reset Rgui to SDI
>mode (I normally run MDI).  I have not been able to do this
>predictably yet, but I have locked up Rgui twice and caused it to
>crash once by changing the current directory and then going into the
>GUI preferences and changing back to MDI mode. It has not occurred
>simply changing directories.

I found a bug in the folder browsing code and have fixed it; it would
probably cause strange crashes like this.  I've committed the change
to r-patched, and will be putting a build that incorporates this
change (and some others) online at

http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/murdoch/software/r-devel

as rw1071.exe in a couple of hours from now.  Could those of you who
have been able to reproduce this crash try out the fix?  Thanks.

Duncan Murdoch