[Rd] An Introduction to R (PR#2860)

Peter Dalgaard BSA p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Sun Apr 27 18:39:27 MEST 2003

Douglas Bates <bates at stat.wisc.edu> writes:

> h-meguro at aa.e-mansion.com writes:
>
> > Full_Name: Hajime Meguro
> > Version: 1.4.1
> > OS: 1.7.0
> > Submission from: (NULL) (202.215.33.129)
> >

> > Both Published version(1.4.1) and Web version shows that, on Page 86, line5-7;

> Both.  The version of the manual for the current release of R (1.7.0)
> has that line corrected as you suggested.
>
> Please upgrade.  Your version of R is more than a year out of date.

Eh? He did say 1.7.0. The printed copy is presumably the one from
Network Theory Ltd. ( http://www.network-theory.co.uk/R/manual, ISBN
0954161742) which was published a year ago in May (just missing
1.5.x).

The web version *on CRAN* has the item corrected (on page 60 -- the
papersize is different), so I assume that the submitter is referring
to the web version at the publishers. I think the logic is that that
must coincide with the printed version to make it clear that they are
mainly providing a printing service for an otherwise publicly
available document.

Anyway, we can't fix bugs retroactively in old versions, only get them
corrected in newer versions, so this should never have been a bug
report. The publisher might want to build a list of errata though.