[Rd] scan file error (PR#3738)

bart.rossel at anu.edu.au bart.rossel at anu.edu.au
Wed Aug 13 05:07:27 MEST 2003

Full_Name: Bart
Version: 1.7.1
OS: XP
Submission from: (NULL) (150.203.41.62)

When trying to load microarray slides (gpr format) into R 1.7.1, I get the
following error message

Error in scan(file = file, what = what, sep = sep, quote = quote, dec = dec,  :

        line 1057 did not have 43 elements

I have been able to load the files on another computer before including an XP
machine. I have also tried to load a different set of gpr files, that also
worked on an earlier version, but still get the same error message.
Using an earlier version of R (1.3.1)I did not have these problems.
Does anyone know of compatibilty issues between R 1.7.1 and Windows XP?

Thanks,

Bart