[Rd] RAqua

Stefano Iacus jago at mclink.it
Thu Aug 14 00:09:23 MEST 2003

On Mercoledì, ago 13, 2003, at 22:32 Europe/Rome, Thomas Lumley wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Jan de Leeuw wrote:
>>
>> Fatal error: The AQUA shared library could not be loaded.
>>    The error was dlcompat: dyld:
>> /Applications/StartR.app/RAqua.app/Contents/MacOS/RAqua Undefined
>> symbols:
>> _check_noerr
>> _require_noerr

these are also calls from Debugging stuff, so it's obvious you want
have them anywhere in R binary.
> Interesting.  We (obviously) don't have this problem, but I wonder why
> not.
>
>> Oh yes, and another small gripe: double clicking RStart opens
>> the R console behind all other open windows. Unobtrusive, to
>> be sure.
>
> This one is also mysterious (but does happen to me).  There are
> SelectWindow() calls all over the startup code, but they don't seem to
> have any effect.

this is due to the fact that RunApplicationEventLoop() is not yet
started. I'm aware about this problem. But all of this comes from the
eventloop problem.
I'm thinking about rewrite all the standard event handlers without the
need of running and quitting carbon event loop. It is only tedious (and
doesn't seem to me to have the highest priority!) to do that and will
also be some code to be removed when Duncan TL eventloop stuff will be
implemented.