[Rd] RAqua

Stefano Iacus jago at mclink.it
Thu Aug 14 00:22:46 MEST 2003

On Mercoledì, ago 13, 2003, at 16:24 Europe/Rome, Thomas Lumley wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Stefano Iacus wrote:
>
>>> 4. Input and output windows cannot be resized independently. I
>>> would still vote for two separate input and output windows.
>
> And I'd vote for a single combined window :)

the problem with using only one window is that I cannot do automatic
dragging, copy and paste, etc in a single windows using apple's API
from MLTE. It will be a lot of code to be written because in MLTE all
the text in a widget has the same read/write priviledges. It is
something I don't think I'll do in the near future as it has low
priority in my opinion. I think that the primary goal is to release a
functional Aqua GUI for the Darwin build without essential limitations:
which means that I have to fix the problem with tcltk, we should
provided an automatic way of distributing prebuilt versions of the
packages and fix several problems with packages (tkrplot doens't work!
uuid (for BioC) etc). This would be done before october. There are also
problem with grid/lattice and quartz I have not yet fixed. The
eventloop issue is another delicate problem.
It is in my mid-term plan to fix this problem with separate
input/output (and of course any contribution -i.e. working code- is
welcome), add a toolbar to the console window, etc, make RAqua
applescriptable, etc.