[Rd] mcmc

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Thu Aug 21 11:36:59 MEST 2003

On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 09:20:50 +0200, "Iago Mosqueira"
<imosqueira at suk.azti.es> wrote :

> ...Somebody has posted recently a message
>in the WinBUGS list asking for feedback on the posibility of developing
>a Linux version, but that does not seem to be happening anytime soon.
>
>What lines of work are being carried out at the moment? Can I esxpect
>something new in the near future?

Depends what you mean by "near future".  The gR project
<http://www.r-project.org/gR/> plans to add support for graphical
models to R; this will include MCMC methods.  There's a workshop next
month, at which time some target dates might be set.  I'd guess by a
year from now there'll be substantial progress, but I'm not sure when
the first signs of it will appear.

Duncan Murdoch