[Rd] pdfs for printed edition of R reference manual

Brian Gough bjg at network-theory.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 15:31:00 MET 2003

Peter Dalgaard writes:
 > There was a restructuring of the base package in R-devel very recently
 > (today actually, but it has been in the works for a while) and the way
 > you have been splitting things is similar, but not exactly the same. You
 > probably need to decide whether to ignore that at this stage, but it
 > might not be too painful to follow suit.

For now I think I will have to stick with the current classification,
which was based on the keywords used in the R 1.8 release.

 > A couple of things are definitely in the wrong place: quantile() in
 > one section and fivenum() in another is certainly odd. I think
 > fivenum, stem, density, and bandwidth are out of place. r2dtable and
 > sample looked odd to me at first, but I suppose they are OK; perhaps
 > shange the chapter title to include something about RNG?

Thanks!  I'll take a look at those.

 > This is probably painful to do, but might it be possible to change the
 > collation so that  ALLCAPS, Capitalized, and lowercase group together?
 > They tend to mean similar things.

I'm using the collation from the 1.8 release here.

--
Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd -- Publishing Free Software Manuals
15 Royal Park
Bristol BS8 3AL
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)117 3179309