[Rd] Using \leq for <= in Rd files

Tim.Keighley at csiro.au Tim.Keighley at csiro.au
Thu Dec 11 03:18:17 MET 2003

Hi,

When writing formulae in Rd files I use \leq to get a less-than-or-equal-to
sign, as this is what the LaTeX references I consulted suggested. This works
correctly for the PDF output (Rcmd Rd2dvi.sh --pdf), however when the Rd
file is converted to text or html this command is converted to "<=q".

A workaround is to use \le instead of \leq which works with my LaTeX
distribution (MiKTeX 2.3.?). Another way would be to change Rdconv.pm by
adding \leq and \geq to the substitution lists in text2html, text2txt and
the other similar functions.

I don't know much about LaTeX so it may be that \leq has been phased out in
favour of \le and the books and websites I read might be out of date.

Cheers,
Tim Keighley

> version
         _