[Rd] Reorganization of packages in the R distribution

Paul Gilbert pgilbert at bank-banque-canada.ca
Fri Dec 12 15:56:34 MET 2003

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

>There are a small number of CRAN packages that attempt to modify system
>functions and so will need updating.  (Known examples are in dse:tframe,
>gregmisc and mclust and some testing code elsewhere.)

Brian

What do you mean by "updating?"  In tframe I modify a few functions like

     start <- function (x, ...) if (is.Ttframed(x)) start(tframe(x),
...) else UseMethod("start")

If that can no longer be done then this is a serious fundamental change
that breaks all my code. I hope that is not what you mean. I'm just
going away for a week, but will follow up when I return.

Paul