[Rd] Can't start R-devel

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed Dec 17 23:19:05 MET 2003

> There has been a problem with (someone else's!) update to package stats.
> As with yesterday, it should already be fixed in cvs and will get fixed in
> rsync. A clean build from the cvs works.

Yeap - it is definitely working now.  I must have just grabbed an R-devel
from before the fix when I first encountered this.

> You should have seen an error message earlier in the build process.

Is this the one?

make[4]: Entering directory
`/misc/homes/madman/R-1.9.0/src/library/methods'
dumping R code in package 'methods'
Error in get(x, envir, mode, inherits) : variable "lines" was not found
Saving namespace image ...
initializing class and method definitions now ...Error in switch(Class,
"NULL" = return(NULL), logical = , numeric = ,  :
        couldn't find function "ts"
In addition: Warning message:
package stats in options("defaultPackages") was not found
Error in runHook(".onLoad", env, package.lib, package) :
        .onLoad failed
Execution halted
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/misc/homes/madman/R-1.9.0/src/library/methods'

Thanks much
-J