[Rd] ctrl-c/ctrl-break in windows port (PR#5970)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Sun Dec 21 02:07:15 MET 2003

Let me assure you that it *does* work as documented on the developers'
machines, and on many others.

Note that you are asked to supply R version number, OS etc when submitting
a bug, and you have omitted to do so.  This just makes it harder to help
you.  One possibility is that you are running some other application on
your machine that is intercepting Ctrl-C: indeed it is possible that the
terminal window you are running Rterm in is doing so.  You haven't
supplied any details, so we cannot even guess.

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 lyongu+ at cs.cmu.edu wrote:

> It seems in Windows port, ctrl-c/ctrl-break in Rterm will kill the
> program and this behavior is different from its unix port and what is
> described in the Windows port FAQ.
>
> These keys are supposed to stop the current computation instead of
> quitting the program.

Yes, we can read the documentation we wrote!  (Actually, to interrupt the
computation at the next interruptible point.)

> Could you please fix it in the next release?

Perhaps you could tell us how to `fix it' as we cannot reproduce it?
Since you apparently can, you will be able to debug the problem and submit
a patch if it is indeed a problem in R.  (Against the R-devel sources,
please.)

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk