[Rd] par(mgp) - unexpected behaviour (PR#6045)

ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Dec 24 13:39:41 MET 2003

I think this *is* a bug in the sense that it is not as intended.  The code
takes mgp[2] as an alternative way to specify `line' to axis().
That's not what happens in the S original, and it is not what happens with
mgp[1] (which is always absolute).  So I've altered it to be consistent
with S (and at least two people's reading of the documentation).

Sending two bug reports is a bug, though.