[Rd] Bug repository problem (PR#6168)

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Sun Dec 28 21:42:46 MET 2003

Peter Kleiweg <kleiweg at let.rug.nl> writes:

> # aldus Peter Dalgaard :
>

> > OK, I see it. Mozilla does give a warning about "the page contains a
> > POSTDATA command, if you resend ... any action will be repeated..."
> > though. Is this any different with other browsers? And, more
> > importantly, is there a (simple, please) way to avoid it?
>
> Don't give the user a reason to use the back-button. Perhaps,
> do something like:
>
>    on.click( post(); alert("bug report sent"); history.go(-2); )

But this never goes near Java. It's all forms based, so the code that
does this is in a C program which says:

        < whopping big if construct>
        } else if (cgi_variable("newbug")) {
                print_title("%s - bug submission", lp_title());

                compose_bug_report();

        } else {
                print_title("%s - main page", lp_title());

                if (cgi_variable("sendbugreport")) {
                  send_bug_report();
                }
                main_page();
        }

        print_footer();

Hmm,.... send_bug_report, just sends a mail, then outputs

changing the conditionals a bit and putting in an explicit "OK" button
to get back to the main page (or just put a link to the main page)
might do the trick?