[Rd] programming with C++Builder 5

Edward Feng efeng at cogeco.ca
Wed Dec 31 10:17:34 MET 2003

Hi there,

I am using C++ Builder 5 to develop windows GUI interface for a R library package.  I have to pass R objects to and from C functions and also evaluate them within C functions.  But I always got linking error message of "unresolved external functions" with those internal functions or macros defined in Rinternals.h file.  I can not find the reason.

I have included R.h and Rinternals.h, generated and added R.lib and R.def to the project.  It seems no effects.  I tried to directly use structure member instead of a macro, e.g. "LENGTH(OBJ)" with "((VECSEXP) (obj))->vecsxp.length", getting an error "Symbol VECSEXP not defined".

I noticed when generating R.lib and .def file, it reported warning messages about some duplicated functions within R.dll.  But I am not sure whether it is the reason and how to solve it.

I am using C++Builder 5, R 1.7.0.1 windows version, used impdef.exe and implib.exe to generating lib and def files, and used VCL components to develop the windows interfaces.

Can you pleased to give me some advices?

Edward
	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]