[Rd] R-devel problems

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
Tue Feb 25 04:02:03 2003

The OS X configure in R-devel has been changed to use two-level 
namespaces. There
are still some problems.

1. Trunmed.c in the modreg packages defines a function heapsort(), 
while heapsort
is also defined (differently) in /usr/lib/stdlib.h. I (temporarily) 
disabled the
definition in stdlib.h.

2. If R is configured with the --without-x flag, then CPPFLAGS does not 
/usr/X11R6/include, while the tk.h files still tries to include 
X11/xlib.h (and
can't find it, obviously). I added -I /usr/X11R6/include to the compile 
of tcltk.o

3. Configure does not pass the $(Rexecbindir) to the Makefiles in the 
directory, so the links cannot find the bundle_loader. I added them by 
hand for
all package links.

4. The aqua module does not work with two-level namespaces. Since it 
not work anyway, and Stefano will remove it soon, it may be better to 
it even sooner.

5. In order to link the bundles with -bundle -bundle_loader 
the /usr/local/lib/R/bin/R.bin must exist, and moreover must be an 
R-devel build.
This is a little bootstrap problem which can be easily hacked.