[Rd] New Windows snapshot of 1.7.0 available

Duncan Murdoch murdoch@stats.uwo.ca
Tue Feb 25 21:43:03 2003

I've spent a few days revamping the Makefiles for the Windows
installer.  It looks to me as though it works, but I've probably made
some errors or omissions.  Anyone interested in testing it is invited
to download it from my web page,

<http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/murdoch/software/r-devel>

As the readme file on that web page says,

"I'm not doing clean builds each time, so it's possible the
distribution will include some files that don't belong there; if so,
please let me know.  (Also let me know if files are missing!)

There are likely to be numerous bugs in the snapshot.  Don't trust it
for important work."

Duncan Murdoch