[Rd] R-devel problems

Jan de Leeuw deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
Wed Feb 26 07:49:38 2003

Indeed. But I was expecting it not to look for X includes. This has
nothing to
do with R, however, only with tk.h for AquaTk.

On Tuesday, Feb 25, 2003, at 09:18 US/Pacific, ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk
wrote:

> If you
>
> 1) Tell configure not to look for X includes
>
> 2) Tell it a TCLTK_CPPFLAGS omitting X includes
>
> then I think you should expect no X includes to be found, no?
>
> Brian
>
> On Thu, 1 Jan 1970, Jan de Leeuw wrote:
>
>> As for the tcl/tk, I actually configured without pointing to
>> tclConfig.sh
>> and tkConfig.sh at all, but putting TCLTK_LIBS and TCLTK_CPPFLAGS
>> in the environment.
>>
>> I could try to use, in addition,  --with-tclconfig and
>> --with-tkconfig,
>> but I
>> thought that would not be necessary if location of headers and libs
>> are
>> defined explicitly.
>>
>> On Tuesday, February 25, 2003, at 12:06 AM, ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk
>> wrote:

>>> That's a very recent addition, and we do try to keep an eye on such
>>> things. The R symbol has been changed now.

>>> This looks like a bug in your tkConfig.sh.  For example on Solaris it
>>> has
>>>
>>> # -I switch(es) to use to make all of the X11 include files
>>> accessible:
>>> TK_XINCLUDES='-I/usr/openwin/include'
>>>
>>> and that is what R uses, specifically
>>>
>>>   if test -n "${TK_XINCLUDES}"; then
>>>     TCLTK_CPPFLAGS="${TCLTK_CPPFLAGS} ${TK_XINCLUDES}"
>>>   else
>>>     TCLTK_CPPFLAGS="${TCLTK_CPPFLAGS} ${X_CFLAGS}"
>>>   fi
>>>
>>> Or is tkConfig.sh not being found and you need to point configure at
>>> it?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk
>>> Professor of Applied Statistics,  http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/~ripley/
>>> University of Oxford,             Tel:  +44 1865 272861 (self)
>>> 1 South Parks Road,                     +44 1865 272866 (PA)
>>> Oxford OX1 3TG, UK                Fax:  +44 1865 272595

> --
> Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk

===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 9432 Boelter Hall, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu

           No matter where you go, there you are. --- Buckaroo Banzai
                    http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/sounds/nomatter.au