[Rd] Wrong constants in sj function (sm library) (PR#2467)

ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jan 16 18:23:03 2003

Bugs in packages are better sent to the maintainer than to R-bugs, as
package maintainers do not in general have access to R-bugs.

This seems to me not to be a bug at all: the method has been correctly
implemented.  That the method is less then perfect is something you need
to take up with the *authors* -- it would be wrong for me to change their
code (especially since R itself has the Sheather-Jones method implemented,
as well as MASS).  If they want to change their S code the changes will
percolate through to the R port eventually, but they may prefer to use the
method they (I presume) give in their book.