[Rd] [R] proposal: lattice/levelplot: panel.catlevelplot

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan@stat.wisc.edu
Thu Jan 23 20:00:03 2003

On Thursday 23 January 2003 05:17 am, Wolfram Fischer - Z/I/M wrote:
> Thanks for your comments/corrections.
>
> An addition:
>
> If levelplot is called with panel=panel.catlevelplot
> the labels of the scales should be set to the names of
> the categories by default, so that it is not necessary
> any more to set (in the example of my proposal):
>
>     scales=list(
>           x = list( labels = levels( esoph$agegp ) )
>         , y = list( labels = levels( esoph$alcgp ) )
>         )

Actually, that's almost done. All the pieces are in place, and xyplot, for
example, already does this since lattice 0.6. I'll just have to make some
minor adjustments to get this behaviour working in the 3D functions.

Deepayan