[Rd] bug? exactRankTests install anomaly (PR#3394)

dmurdoch at pair.com dmurdoch at pair.com
Fri Jul 4 05:45:03 MEST 2003

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003 04:04:13 +0200 (MET DST), you wrote:

>Full_Name: Michael W. Grant
>Version: 1.7.1(2003-06-16)
>OS: Windows 98 Second Edition 4.10.2222 A
>Submission from: (NULL) (24.55.165.101)
>

>I just installed version 1.7.1 tonight. In the process I installed via CRAN from
>the menu several packages. One installation, exactRankTests, had a distinct
>anomaly. A DLL attempt to change FPU control word as seem in the last line  of
>the following listing:

That is not likely a bug in R, it's a bug in some other software on
your system, which has changed the floating point precision.  It's
hard to track down exactly what program did this, and hard to fix.
The general strategy for tracking it down is to find the minimal
operation that does it (e.g. does it depend on which package you
install?  Do you get it from a local install instead of a remote
download + install, etc.)

If you set options(warn.FPU=TRUE) then you'll see the warning more
often; without that option, it is suppressed.

Duncan Murdoch