[Rd] missing permissions in reference manual copyright page (PR#3528)

bjg at network-theory.co.uk bjg at network-theory.co.uk
Mon Jul 21 17:12:49 MEST 2003

Hi,

I noticed that the R reference manual seems to be missing the license
permissions on the copyright page.  Below is a patch to "refman.top"
which adds the same permissions as the @permission{} macro in
"R-defs.texi".

I'm filing this bug as I have been preparing to publish the R
Reference Manual (in several volumes). I plan to donate 5 EUR to the
R-foundation for each set of manuals sold.

best regards,

--
Brian Gough

Network Theory Ltd
15 Royal Park
Bristol BS8 3AL
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0)117 3179309
Fax: +44 (0)117 9048108
Web: http://www.network-theory.co.uk/

diff -c /home/bjg/cvs/r-rsync/r-devel/doc/manual/refman.top\~ /home/bjg/cvs/r-rsync/r-devel/doc/manual/refman.top
*** /home/bjg/cvs/r-rsync/r-devel/doc/manual/refman.top~	Wed Apr 17 15:11:03 2002
--- /home/bjg/cvs/r-rsync/r-devel/doc/manual/refman.top	Mon Jul 21 14:56:23 2003
***************
*** 31,36 ****
--- 31,54 ----
    \vfill
    \noindent
    Copyright ({\copyright}) 1999--2002 R Development Core Team.
+
+   \noindent
+   Permission is granted to make and distribute verbatim copies of this
+   manual provided the copyright notice and this permission notice are
+   preserved on all copies.
+
+   \noindent
+   Permission is granted to copy and distribute modified versions of this
+   manual under the conditions for verbatim copying, provided that the
+   entire resulting derived work is distributed under the terms of a
+   permission notice identical to this one.
+
+   \noindent
+   Permission is granted to copy and distribute translations of this manual
+   into another language, under the above conditions for modified versions,
+   except that this permission notice may be stated in a translation
+   approved by the R Development Core Team.
+
    \par\bigskip\noindent
    R is free software and comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  You are
    welcome to redistribute it under the terms of the GNU General Public