[Rd] bug? (PR#3550)

mittal at math.arizona.edu mittal at math.arizona.edu
Thu Jul 24 20:28:38 MEST 2003

platform i386-pc-mingw32
arch     i386
os       mingw32
system   i386, mingw32
status
major    1
minor    7.1
year     2003
month    06
day      16
language R

I have a Dell Inspiron 4000 laptop with Windows ME.  I recently installed the
1.7 version of R.  The following commands are from my notes for the course I
teach.  They worked in the older version of R (I think it was 1.4) but now seem
to make a blank box with the last command no matter what values are chosen for
angle= and density= .  I don't know if this is a bug or not.

> x<-rnorm(50)
> y<-runif(50)
> plot(x,ann=F,type="n")
> points(x,pch=1)
> points(y,pch=4)
> title(main="Main",xlab="x-axis",ylab="y-axis")
> legend(40,-.5,legend="Test",bty="n")
> legend(42,.5,legend="",angle=45,density=20,cex=.5)

Yashaswini Mittal
Dept. of Math
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721