[Rd] acepack

Peter Dalgaard BSA p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Sun Jun 1 11:45:32 MEST 2003

Kurt Hornik <hornik at ci.tuwien.ac.at> writes:

> > Many moons ago I reported to r-bugs some easy to fix errors in ace and
> > avas.  I wonder if someone would mind making those corrections.
>
> Re 'someone', fixes for add-on packages would typically be performed by
> the package maintainer ...

...and said maintainer (TL) could probably be excused for prioritizing
maintenance base R and recommended packages up to the release of
1.7.1.

The report is #2386, I assume?

Notice that one of your (FEH's) fixes is only easy if the statement
"whereas I believe that the ace algorithm does allow for categorical
response variables" is taken at face value. Checking that it is
actually correct could take a bit longer...