[Rd] Slow ttests in R-devel

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 4 16:47:23 MEST 2003

On Wed, 4 Jun 2003, John Chambers wrote:
> There was a bug leading to non-caching of methods, in the r-patched code
> from a few days ago.
> A branch update would have put the changes into R-devel also.
> The problem has been partly fixed in the current code committed to
> R-patched (and some further fixes are in the works).

Actually, I realized that the particular R-pached I was using was from May
23.  I used my June 4th version of R-patched (aka R-1.7.1 beta) and it
matches my June 4th version of R-devel, more or less:
> system.time(genefilter(eset, gf))
[1] 79.27  3.98 85.24  0.00  0.00

But, my 2003-05-23 version of r-patched produces a value that is roughly
half of that.

Not sure if that helps out at all, but the current r-patched and r-devel
is definitely slower in this then it was about a week and a half ago.

-J