[Rd] stuck tcltk scrollbars under Windows XP

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Fri Jun 6 08:58:49 MEST 2003

On Fri, 06 Jun 2003 07:23:27 -0400, you wrote:

>You can test for the problem with the following code:
>I find that I can make the scrollbar stick under Windows XP by repeatedly
>and rapidly pressing the scroll-down button.

I can reproduce it easily in XP in yesterday's 1.7.1 beta.

>I wonder whether anyone else has encountered this problem or has any
>insight into its source.

I don't know TCL/TK well enough to know what tkgrab does in Windows
terms, but the general symptoms look as though events are being
missed.  When you click on something messages are generated for
mouse-down and mouse-up events; it looks as though some mouse-up
messages are being lost.

>I've also had a report of tk windows failing to stay on top of the R-GUI
>SDI Console in Windows XP, but I haven't been able to duplicate this
>problem, and it has never occurred in my testing under Windows 2000 and
>Linux. Has anyone else experienced this behaviour?

TK gets lost behind the MDI main window, but I haven't seen this yet
with SDI.  I haven't done a lot of testing, though...

Duncan Murdoch