[Rd] stuck tcltk scrollbars under Windows XP

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Jun 6 16:38:56 MEST 2003

Dear Mark,

After some experimentation, I found that the crucial change appears to be
the call to tkwait.window. When I include this, the problem of sticking
scrollbars in Windows XP seems to go away. Since the dialogs with
scrollbars are always waiting for the user to press the OK or Cancel button
to dismiss the dialog, using tkwait.window seems fine.

The call to tkwm.deiconify also appears to raise the dialog window more
reliably, as you suggest.

In the absence of another solution, I'll bite the bullet and modify all of
the dialogs in Rcmdr along these lines.

Thanks for your help,
  John

John Fox