[Rd] Problem with Rcmd check and S4 methods

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Fri Jun 13 15:23:09 MEST 2003

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:18:23 -0400, John Chambers wrote:

>Duncan Murdoch wrote:

>>  > x <- eulerzyx(1,0,0)4bb
>>  Error: Trying to get slot "validity" from an object of a basic class
>> ("NULL") with no slots
>>  Execution halted

>The code has a NULL object that was supposed to be a class definition
>(and therefore to have a "validity" slot).

>I was able to add your source & the one-line example to a small package
>and get through R CMD check.
>
>Can you do example(eulerzyx) after attaching the package?

This is actually in the eulerzyx-class.Rd help file; I should have
said that.

>Are you using a saved image (e.g., with an empty install.R file in the
>package directory)?  (Though if not, the check would often fail at an
>earlier stage.)

I don't think so...

If you want to take a look, I've put the whole library (in its current
incomplete state) online at
<http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/murdoch/temp/orientlib_1.0.tar.gz>,
and the log from running the examples here:
<http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/murdoch/temp/orientlib-Ex.Rout>.

Duncan Murdoch