[Rd] problem with temp dir (PR#3272)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Jun 17 11:40:24 MEST 2003

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:04:29 +0200 (MET DST), you wrote in message
<200306171404.h5HE4T2b007195 at pubhealth.ku.dk>:

>Hi,
>I recently installed R on a Windows 95 machine. Everything went well untill
>I tried to run the program. I get the R console and a message "fatal error
>can't mkdir R_TempDir".

Do you have one of the environment variables TMP, TEMP, or R_USER
defined? (To find out, go into a DOS window and type "set", or "set |
more" if the list is too long to read all at once.)

R tries to create a temporary subdirectory under the directory named
by those, in that order.  If the first one found gives the name of a
non-existent directory, you would see that error.

Duncan Murdoch