[Rd] Re: rw1071 - cut and paste bug

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Wed Jun 18 11:31:25 MEST 2003

On Wed, 18 Jun 03 09:39:42 EDT, you wrote in message
<200306181351.h5IDpEOC122970 at northrelay03.pok.ibm.com>:

>I have installed the binary of R-1.7.1 for Windows from CRAN.  After
>using the Cut or Paste buttons the R Console window does not respond
>to keyboard input; the window can be reactivated by switching to another
>window and back to the R console.  Cutting and pasting via Ctrl-C or
>Ctrl-V does not have this problem.

By the way, another workaround if you're allergic to the keyboard is
to use the right mouse button to bring up the local menu and choose
Paste from there; it also seems immune to the speedbutton (not hotkey,
as I miswrote in my previous message) bug.  That's the normal way I do
cut and paste, since the buttons aren't available in SDI mode.

Duncan Murdoch