[Rd] Suppressing Scientific Notation

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri May 2 18:07:50 MEST 2003

A couple of hints:

1) You don't need to touch the internal code for options: you can just
set options(scipen=100), or rely on it being unset for the default.

2) I would do something like

    R_print.scipen = asInteger(GetOption(install("scipen"), rho));
    if(R_print.scipen == NA_INTEGER) R_print.scipen = 0;

Your way you need GetOptionSciPen defined in some common header.

I believe (but have not checked) that if options("scipen") is not defined
then GetOption(install("scipen"), rho) will be NULL and asInteger(NULL)
will be NA_INTEGER, but it might well be worth being more cautious.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk