[Rd] (PR#1289)

harald at cepba.upc.es harald at cepba.upc.es
Mon May 5 19:39:22 MEST 2003

Ups, sorry, I forgot it. I thought that referencing the request
could be enough.

I'm trying to compile R 1.6.0, 1.6.1 and 1.6.2, and they all fail
on the same manner. With R 1.7.0 we have some problems for compiling
it.

I use GNU C version 3.1 and the G77 in the same package.

As I mentioned we have an AIX5.1 operating system running on a
cluster of Power3 cpus.

When I launch R on the machine and quit from it, it makes a
segmentation fault and core dumps.

Now I remember, when I tried to compile with XLC/XLF there were
several warning on a SETJMP or similar but this compiler didn't
fail on that point. (XLC failed when was unable to locate the
symbol __fixsfsi)

Best regards and thanks,

Peter Dalgaard BSA wrote:

> harald at cepba.upc.es writes:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I've found a bug report for R when installing it on an AIX5.1 system.
> > There's a followup (number 4) that comments a segmentation fault on R
> > when quitting "q()".
> >
> > I'm using a newer version of R but on the same operating system and
> > I obtain the same error.
> >
> > There was a way to solve this problem?
>
> Well, some exact version numbers and bug report ditto might help
> someone help you.
>
> Remember: *You* have a problem. People may actually go out of their
> way to help you, but if they have to do detective work just to guess
> your setup or figure out which PR# you're referring to, then they
> might not bother.
>
> --
>    O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Blegdamsvej 3
>   c/ /'_ --- Dept. of Biostatistics     2200 Cph. N
>  (*) \(*) -- University of Copenhagen   Denmark      Ph: (+45) 35327918
> ~~~~~~~~~~ - (p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk)             FAX: (+45) 35327907

             Harald Servat Gelabert (harald at cepba.upc.es)
   o//o      Centre Europeu de Paral.lelisme de Barcelona          CEPBA
  o//o       WWW...: http://www.cepba.upc.es       Tel: +34-93-401 74 23
 o//o        e-mail: suport at cepba.upc.es           Fax: +34-93-401 25 77
o//o  CEPBA  c/Jordi Girona, 1-3, Mòdul D6. E-08034 Barcelona, Catalunya

The optimist thinks that this is the best of all possible worlds,
and the pessimist knows it.
-- J. Robert Oppenheimer, "Bulletin of Atomic Scientists"

We scientists, whose tragic destiny it has been to make the methods
of annihilation ever more gruesome and more effective, must consider
it our solemn and transcendent duty to do all in our power in
preventing these weapons from being used for the brutal purpose for
which they were invented.
-- Albert Einstein,       "Bulletin of Atomic Scientists"