[Rd] Re: [R] windows data editor changes dimensions displayed data frames (PR#2962)

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Sun May 11 21:48:43 MEST 2003

On Fri, 9 May 2003 13:05:54 +0200 (MET DST), you wrote:

>On Fri, 09 May 2003 11:34:08 +0300, Bernd Ebersberger
><bernd.ebersberger at vtt.fi> wrote:
>
>>dear R-tists,
>>
>>i am experiencing a problem with the data editor in the windows version of
>>R 1.6.1 envoked with the command 'fix'.
>>
>>the data editor changes the size of large data frames.

This has now been fixed in the latest R-patched (to become 1.7.1).
Brian Ripley put in a test to limit it to spreadsheets with 65535
rows.  A Windows binary will be available soon on my web page
(http://www.stats.uwo.ca/faculty/murdoch/software/r-devel).

I believe R-devel (to become 1.8.0) will remove the size limit, but I
don't have a current version compiled just yet.

I have also put a fix into R-patched for the problem reported by Tao
Shi in R-help about R not shutting down properly.

Duncan Murdoch