[Rd] R crashes when resizing windows (PR#2992)

ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue May 13 15:22:35 MEST 2003

gavin at stats.gla.ac.uk wrote:
> Full_Name: Gavin Alexander
> Version: 1.7.0
> OS: Win2000
> Submission from: (NULL) (130.209.6.40)
>

> When I resize the R-GUI console window by dragging an edge and drag for more
> than a second or two, R crashes. The program exits, leaving a pop-up "Program
> Error" box with the message:
> "Rgui.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.
>  You will need to restart the program.
>  An Error log is being created.".
>
> I now avoid having to resize the console window by setting the default size in
> GUI preferences. However, R still crashes when resizing help windows, which
> don't have a user-settable default size.
>
> I am using R version 1.7.0, but can replicate this problem in the only other
> versions I have used: 1.4.1 and 1.6.2, in both MDI and SDI mode, all in
> Win2000.
>
> Gavin Alexander

This is the same as PR#1711.
But thanks anyway, since you provide an interesting information:
It's easy to reproduce this crash now by continously (slowly) dragging a
couple of seconds, at least on my machine (WinNT4.0).

Anyway, this one is hard to fix.
Please read the thread for PR#1711 for more information, particularly
the message