[Rd] R-1.7.1 scheduled for June 16

Peter Dalgaard BSA p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Fri May 23 14:39:34 MEST 2003

The release of R-1.7.1 is scheduled for Monday, June 16. I plan to
start the automatic generation of daily beta releases on June 2. It
would be good if package maintainers could get any planned changes
done as soon as possible, and test their packages carefully against
the beta releases.

For recommended packages, we should avoid changes to the API once the
beta releases start rolling out.

        -p