[Rd] fast nearest-neighbor in R?

Nicholas Lewin-Koh nikko at hailmail.net
Thu Nov 6 02:09:05 MET 2003

Hi,
It is in the works. Take a look at the archives in
https://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-geo for the
r-sig-geo mailing list.
For the moment you can use the k-nearest-neighbor code in Spdep which
is adapted from Ripley's knn classifier code. It uses brute force and is
not
as fast as algorithms based on kd or quad trees for larger data sets. For
smaller
data sets you probably won't notice the difference.

Nicholas