[Rd] REMINDER R-1.8.1 beta

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sun Nov 16 04:26:01 MET 2003

On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 07:23:54PM -0500, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> On 14 Nov 2003 15:23:19 +0100, you wrote:
>

> >R-1.8.1 has now reached the beta stage with one week left before
> >release. This just to remind you that this would be a good time to
> >give the new version a spin and see whether your favourite bugs have
> >been cleared out.
>
> I don't know how frequently I'll be able to update it, but I've just
> uploaded a build of the beta to cran.  Go to cran.r-project.org, and
> follow the links to the precompiled binary of the base distribution
> for Windows.  The beta will be under the "rpatched" link sometime
> tomorrow.

I did Debian last night. The autobuilders have mostly caught up (for ia64,
hppa, alpha, powerpc, sparc. arm, m68k and mipsel -- s390 failed due to some
internal inconsistency) and you should be able to apt-get this release from
Debian unstable mirrors soon.

Dirk

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx