[Rd] $RHOME/bin/check in windows (PR#5135)

Duncan Murdoch dmurdoch at pair.com
Mon Nov 17 03:40:14 MET 2003

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 02:51:56 +0100 (CET), you wrote:

>To whom it may concerned,
>
>I'm trying to build a new R package in a windows platform.
>Before that, I tried to check the previous well-know package from the CRAN
>using the Rcmd command.
>But I got the error messages as below.
>I think this comes from the parsing error from the Perl script in $RHOME/bin/check.
>In the following example, 'Program Files' is splited into 'Program',
>and this has made the R checking prosess halt.
>What could I've done wrong?

This is a known & documented problem, which we're unlikely to fix
unless someone who experiences it submits a patch. The readme.packages
file says this:

"BEWARE: Don't expect this to work if the path to R_HOME contains
spaces.  It may work, but we don't recommend it."

You seem to have one of the systems where it doesn't work.  You should
re-install R somewhere other than the "Program files" directory if you
want this to work relatively painlessly.

Duncan Murdoch