[Rd] apologies (was RE: [R] ISOdate() and strptime())

Simon Fear Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
Mon Nov 24 12:02:37 MET 2003

Dear Brian and other R-developers,

I have to say that I don't understand why what I wrote should
have caused any offence. A smile was what I was hoping for.
You know I devote more time than I am supposed to, to support
R and its users, in partial repayment of my immeasurable debt to
all the Developers.  It's not much, it's sometimes misguided (I later
discover), and my resources are severely limited, but I do try.
I hope not to be seen as an enemy. So, if you can explain to
me what was wrong about my tongue in cheek criticism of R's
relying on my notoriously unreliable OS, in notoriously unreliable
circumstances, I will indeed publicly apologise.

<snip>
> I believe Simon Fear owes the R-developers a public apology
> for his (not
> properly referenced in the archives) reply to this thread.
>
> BDR

Simon Fear
Senior Statistician
Syne qua non Ltd
Tel: +44 (0) 1379 644449
Fax: +44 (0) 1379 644445
email: Simon.Fear at synequanon.com
web: http://www.synequanon.com

Number of attachments included with this message: 0

This message (and any associated files) is confidential and\...{{dropped}}