[Rd] wishlist item: symbols() to accept asp argument? (PR#5328)

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Nov 26 19:02:12 MET 2003

A variant on the theme:

symbols(x=2, y=6, circles=1, inches=F)

does not show a full circle, so you seem to be assuming incorrectly that
symbols() is including the symbols when calculating the plot region.

On the other hand

symbols(x=6, y=6, circles=2, inches=F, xlim=c(1,10), ylim=c(4,10), asp=1)

*does* work.  There is now way currently to avoid specifying the x-axis
and y-axis scales.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk