[Rd] Adding Tk extensions to R for windows

Nicholas Lewin-Koh nikko at hailmail.net
Wed Oct 1 00:04:37 MEST 2003

Hi,
There would be no real difference that I could see. Msys is just a
modified version of the bash shell that uses cygwin.dll . The msys set of
tools is more convient to use than the cygwin becuse you don't have to
worry about mingw being first in the path and such. There are some small
differences but basically msys is cygwin lite but customized for the
mingw compiler and more amenable to natively compiled tools.

Nicholas